Every vehicle on the road must kept it in a roadworthy condition. The MOT test ensures that road safety and environmental standards are met. The first MOT test for a car is required when it is three years old, and yearly there after.
Items covered by the test include;
- Body and vehicle structure now also to include towbars.
- Fuel system, exhaust system and exhaust gas emissions.
- Seats, seat belts, doors, bonnet and load security.
- Lights, wipers & washers, windscreen & No Plates
- Wheels, tyres, brakes, steering & suspension.
Take a look at the attached video for useful information on the MOT test.
We can offer an MOT test on a while-you-wait basis, why not sit with a tea or coffee in our waiting area and take advantage of our FREE Wi-Fi, or if you prefer you can watch your MOT test being carried our in our MOT Viewing area.
You can also have you car tested up to one calender month prior to the expiry date of your current certificate. If the vehicle passes it's test, the unexpired portion can then be added to your new certificate, therfore protecting the original expiry date. If it should fail, having the test in advance will give you time to schedule any repairs required.
We are also currently offering combined MOT test and Service Offers, ask for further information when you book MOT